Sunday, June 11, 2006

HOMO LUDENS: MISSING IN ACTION

Homo Ludens: missing in action, for the next couple of weeks at least.

Firstly, it's way too hot to be hunched over a computer at the moment.

Secondly, I was gently berated by my writers' group last week for not working on my novel lately. To be fair, this was entirely justified, so any effort expended on putting pen to paper should be reserved for that, rather than using Zizekian concepts as a good excuse to post pictures of Jessica Simpson.

And thirdly, there's a World Cup on. So I am taking a leaf out of these Mexico fans' book, and taking a temporary siesta.



But do come back soon. My team of choice (Paraguay) are highly unlikely to last the course and I'm going to two more Zizek master classes this week, so who knows: I may be back before the end of the month.

Chow for niao.

3 Comments:

Blogger Snowball said...

You are writing a new novel?

Paraguay were unlucky against England I thought...

10:35 AM  
Blogger paddington said...

I am indeed, though it's not progressing very quickly. It's about as different from "Drift" as you can get I think.

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Place a new photo, for example one of your troops in Irak spiting over inmmates. That really reflects the face of your nation. Or one of your flag being burned by your "victims" in other countries.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home